Ad

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Scientists Disagree With Gore?

"Glenn Beck: Scientists disagree with Gore?

March 3, 2009 - 13:05 ET

VOICE: The Glenn Beck Program presents Spotlight on Science, a series dedicated to President Obama's passion for everything science.


GLENN: Japanese scientists have a dramatic break with UN and Western climate hypothesis in a new report from the Japanese energy commission. One of the five contributors compared computer climate modeling to ancient astrology. Now they are disagreeing with astrology, too. Astrology is settled. Hello. Three out of the five leading scientists contend that recent climate change is driven by natural cycles, not human industrial activity as political activists argue. Scientists. I don't think so. I mean, what are their qualifications? Were they vice president? I doubt it, no, never a vice president of the United States. Who are these people? Kanya Kusano, he is the program director and group leader for the Earth simulator at the Japan Agency For Marine-Earth Science and Technology, or JAMSTEC, which is one of my favorite -- I love. This is so great. Anyway, he has a doctorate of science from the University of Hiroshima which I assume is, well, at least probably has some relatively new research facilities along with all the other facilities and parking lots and everything else. But his expertise is in simulation science, plasma physics, space physics, astrosciences, fusion science, magneto-hydrodynamics which isn't like the Fantastic Four, isn't that -- oh, it's Japan, that's right. And multiscale modeling. I personally, I don't want to get all snooty here and scientific here but my personal favorite from him is probably the three-dimensional simulation study of flux rope dynamics in the solar corona. It was published in the astrophysical journal, but you could convince me. I mean, you could make a good argument that the measurement of magnetic helicity injection and free energy loading into the solar corona still holds up as an entertaining read. I mean, sometimes I still read that and go, that is so great. Anyway, the other guy is the head of the International Arctic Research Center in Alaska. He uses historical data to challenge the claim that the very recent temperatures represent an anomaly. Before anyone noticed this hypothesis has been substituted for truth, the opinion that great disaster will really happen must be broken. Akasofu, the other scientist, as you probably know being a scientific-minded person because it's the Obama administration. We're all putting science right where she belongs, he was named as the world's most cited scientist on space physics, but I mean, what do the physics of a place where that giant magic ball of fire lives, I mean, what does that have to do with warming here on Earth? I mean, it's crazy. Sure, don't get me wrong, I loved his paper on polar and magnetospheric sub storms. I still bring his paper on dynamics and the magnetosphere on vacation just to read at the beach. Come on, these guys aren't real scientists. Real science is practiced by those of us lucky enough to narrowly lose a presidential election, you know, when you blow your own home state. That's where real science is. Let's put science back in her rightful place, you know, right back within Al Gore's giant cranium.


VOICE: You've been listening to Spotlight on Science, exclusively heard on the Glenn Beck Program, America's number one source for science and science-related items." -- Glenn Beck

No comments: