Ad

Friday, November 9, 2007

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Deserved


Today I've pondered greatly over the story I wrote about in yesterday's blog about the Writer's Strike.

It made me think about how hard writers work, how they tell stories, give us vital information, and are much of the life force for our society and our interaction.

Thinking about writers led me to one in particular who has created an example for me (although my writing is definitely my own style and my outlets are much different).

My Mom, Fay Klingler, has been an ongoing inspiration of honing creative talent and persistence in writing what you believe in. You can read more about her at the following link.

Growing-up, I remember her using her creative skills, first, as an artist. The picture I've attached to today's blog shows two art pieces she did of me as a child at various ages. Aren't they stunning? She was able to accomplish this while raising six kids, being a homemaker...the hardest job on the planet! Amazing!

More recently she felt necessity to write regarding certain topics, mostly surrounding family and one important book that it seems is vital to resurface (not my normal topic at all) is Shattered.

The reason I bring this up at the moment is a "new" case (and other new cases all-of-the time) that is becoming an interesting one to follow regarding a Stacy Peterson, married to Police Sgt. Drew Peterson of Boligbrook, Illinois. You may gain more information on this story at http://www.foxnews.com/index.html.
Anyone who has dealt with domestic violence needs to read Shattered: Six Steps from Betrayal to Recovery.
Those who really know me know that the above topic is not one that I tend to discuss, unless necessary, but please know that I feel it is an extremely important subject.
Thanks Mom for your example, which means more than you will ever know.

No comments: