Ad

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Face of Lyme Disease, Today

I've decided to give my readers an expanded version of what it's like to have Lyme Disease, from the recovery process, which is just beginning. I will include reflections on my illness for readers to relate to as well as posts on the series that I have begun regarding the facts involved.

I feel it's important for readers to have someone to relate with, especially if they are going through something similar. If you know someone who is chronically ill, now is the time to have them subscribe to my blog because I've decided to get personal.

Here is what today was like.

Everyday is just a little bit different. It's kind of like a never-ending roller coaster ride...never very predictable, although moreso than it used to be.

I woke up, after hitting the snooze from 6:15am to 7:00am. I woke up my kids, two boys, ages 7 and 10 and then proceeded to wake up my husband so that he would be ready when I got my kids ready so he could drive them to school.

He is currently unemployed...much too long now...since October...In other words, we are hating it in the money department!

So, I have him drive the kids to school right now, so that I can take it easy in the morning until he has a job...not that I always take it easy, but I have a bit of nausea in the morning...mostly from the antibiotics and transitioning off some of the meds that have been pushed at me for conditions I really don't have.

Some days are more challenging than others because my 10 year old has high-functioning Asperger's Syndrome and my 7 year old has aspects of it, however, not as dramatically obvious...both being treated...both blessings!!!!

Today, I was really dragging when I got up, but managed to get their lunches ready and get them dressed in well-pressed clothes with their hair combed as usual. However, this morning's breakfast consisted of yogurt and poptarts. Not exactly the breakfast of champions.

Once they were out the door, I took my medicine and sat down to watch the local news...my normal morning ritual. I then had a bagel for breakfast and laid down to watch the national news and fell asleep on the couch until 11:30am. So much for productivity!

Once I woke up, I decided that I'd better make good use of my day before my kids came home so I logged onto the computer and did some networking on Digg and caught up on my email sites for 1 hour. After that I read for 30 minutes...uplifting material, followed by 30 minutes of yoga and free weights.



Knowing that the kids would walk in from the bus at any time, I decided to hurry and make the beds, clean-up the kitchen table and take care of the litter-box.

When they walked in the door, I was able to greet them with a smile, as if I had been productive all day. I had done a pretty darn good job with the time I'd used!

We did the typical after school stuff...snack, homework, chores, and then my kids went out to play with their friends for a bit. I finished taking down all of the Christmas stuff and putting the tubs and boxes down in the basement. Then, I re-arranged my family room, since the Christmas Tree wasn't there anymore. I like the way it looks. I used methods of Fung Shui and altered it from before we had the tree there. My kids like it. They get into reorganizing the furniture and stuff with me. It's fun!

Yes, my Christmas stuff was still up.

I then had my Husband help me fix dinner (he was gone all day), while I worked on fixing his glasses that broke today...don't have a job=no money for new glasses...no good...I tried for about 45 minutes...still broken.

After dinner, my Husband helped me get the kids to bathe and get ready for bed. We got them in bed. One got out of bed for a snack and back in bed. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, did one load of laundry, prepped for tomorrow, showered, and here I am (my Husband is playing basketball with the guys at the church gym).

No, I didn't shower until 10:00pm.

Was it easy today? Not completely. I fought a migraine, which I have been fighting for 3 days now, and nausea. I also had to self-motivate quite a bit. However, once I did my yoga and read uplifting literature, I really felt quite motivated. I think that the nap was necessary as well. I used to feel guilty about those...as if they were some kind of laziness. However, I know now that my body is healing and when I need a nap, I need a nap.

Not too exciting, eh? But, I feel it was a lot better than Saturday and Sunday, in which I spent the majority of the day in bed.

Like I said...a roller coaster ride!!!

No comments: