IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIDE, WHY WOULD THEY BE STANDING IN THE WAY OF THOSE WHO CAN BRING MORE INFORMATION AND TRUTH TO THIS INVESTIGATION AND PUT IT AWAY IN A NICE NEAT PACKAGE OF TRUTH?
WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT THESE PEOPLE TO TELL THE TRUTH. THIS WOULD BREAK APART WHAT THEY HAVE CLAIMED THE SITUATION TO BE THUS FAR. THIS WOULD GIVE THE FAMILIES OF THOSE THAT WERE KILLED SOME CLOSURE, AS THEY HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN HARDLY INFORMATION.
"The Department of State is refusing to grant clearances to Victoria (Toensing) and other people who want to represent the whistleblowers in an attempt to prevent the testimony," DiGenova said, referring to the upcoming hearing before Rep. Darrel Issa's House Oversight Committee. -- SOURCE: http://specialoperationsspeaks.com
NOT ONLY ARE THERE A MULTITUDE OF ISSUES WITH BENGHAZI, BUT SYRIA IS A HUGE ISSUE AND IT SEEMS THAT WASHINGTON (MEANING OBAMA) CANNOT LEAD ON THIS SUBJECT.
NOW, HIZBULLAH (OR HEZBOLLAH) TERRORISTS ARE HELPING ASSAD'S ARMIES IN SYRIA AND THAT THE UNREST AND FIGHTING THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A YEAR IN SYRIA IS NOW LEAKING OVER TO LEBANON.
Hundreds of Hizbullah terrorists are now said to be in Syria, stationed in the many Shi'ite villages in bordering Syria. The terrorists act as "security guards" for the government, tamping down incidents of anti-Assad activity, and joining fighting in battles that take place in the area. Many terrorists have been killed in these battles, reports said...
There were several other instances of organized activity against Hizbullah; a group calling itself "The Free Al-Baqa Brigades" declared that it would work against Hizbullah's activities in Syria, threatening to move the center of their activities from Lebanon's Al-Baka region to Syria. The group called on Sunni Lebanese soldiers to leave their posts, given the control Hizbullah has over the army and the increased activity of Lebanese soldiers sympathetic to Hizbullah in Lebanon, under the direct orders of Iran and with the assistance of the terror group. -- SOURCE: http://virtualjerusalem.com/news.php?Itemid=9732
Obama’s 5 Syria OptionsApril 29, 2013
Michael P. Noonan is the director of the Program on National Security at the Foreign Policy Research Institute in Philadelphia and is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The problem with sketching out red lines is that they can sometimes back one into a corner. Increasingly this looks to be the case in Syria where the use of chemical weapons by pro-regime forces there has seemingly – “seemingly” because the Obama administration are claiming that there is “varying degrees of confidence” that sarin gas had been used against rebel forces – crossed the line that President Obama laid out as a trigger for a more direct U.S. involvement in the conflict. Now the administration is left to do one of two things: nothing or something.
The “nothing” option is certainly a possibility, but it will inflict both domestic and international political damage on the president. The international reputation of the U.S., in particular, will be hurt and inaction could complicate interactions with other international actors such as North Korea.
The “something” option is more likely, although it gets very complicated on what exactly to do. A few permutations of what “something” might look like would be:
- Status quo-plus. Basically continue to vet and support elements of rebels that we are comfortable with in a scalable fashion – from humanitarian aid to more lethal assistance. This might be the most prudent option in the long-run, but it also would appear to be a rather underwhelming response at a time when much of the world’s attention is on Syria.
- Surgical strike(s). Reliance on aircraft or cruise missile delivering precision-guided munitions to hit crucial Syrian regime targets ould certainly send a message – both kinetically through the physical damage caused and informationally through the imagery of the attacks. This option would also be domestically palatable for being a “no boots on the ground” approach. But there would also be complications with this option. Syria maintains a robust air defense network (subscription required) and U.S. doctrine in the past has been to knock out an enemy’s air defenses before conducting an air war of imited (e.g., Libya 2011) or extended (e.g., Kosovo 1999) duration. The Syrian regime will also be keen to highlight actual or invented collateral damage to undermine international support for such strikes.
- Status quo-plus plus surgical strike(s). This would blend options one and two to build a solution for the long term while also being seen to do something in the short term. This would seem to be a distinct possibility depending upon the evidence uncovered on the ground and particularly if chemical weapons are used further.
- Special operations forces plus surgical strikes. This option would put American boots on the ground to either conduct raids against Syrian chemical weapons factories or storage areas or to link-up with and conduct unconventional warfare activities with factions of the Syrian rebels with the assistance of U.S. airpower (think of Afghanistan in 2001 or northern Iraq in 2003). They might also conduct operations against particularly nasty groups of foreign fighters fighting the Assad regime. While this seems to be unlikely even members of President Obama’s own party have begun to suggest that a boots on the ground option is not off the table (e.g., Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill).
- Decisive action. This option would see a wider use of U.S. boots on the ground plus air- and naval-power to help the rebels remove the government of Bashar al-Assad. This option seems very unlikely.
READ MORE AT USNEWS.COM
THEN THERE IS STILL THE DILEMMA OF THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBINGS. NOW THEY ARE SEARCHING THROUGH THE WIDOW'S (Tamerlan Tsarnaev ) HOUSE AND CHECKING INTO THE MENTOR OR THE "MISHA" OF TSARNAEV, WHO WAS A SPIRITUAL ADVISER.
THIS WHOLE THING IS STILL SOMETHING THAT I HAVE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS ABOUT. THERE ARE PIECES...A LOT OF PIECES THAT DON'T FIT.
Russell has not been named as a suspect in the April 15 bombing, which killed three and injured more than 200. A home health aide, she reportedly worked up to 80 hours per week and did not know her radical Muslim husband's plans to carry out a terror plot allegedly with his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is in a federal medical facility for prisoners. The widow has kept a low profile since the attack, and is believed to have been living with her parents in West Kingston, R.I., since her husband was exposed as a terrorist and then killed in a police shootout.
Meanwhile, an attorney for the family of a man who some of Tsarnaev's family members say is the mysterious "Misha" who radicalized Tamerlan Tsarnaev said his parents are under extreme stress and fearful of all the publicity the case has brought them. They confirmed their son, Mikhail Allakhrdov, is the Misha who was a spiritual tutor of Tsarnaev's some years ago. But in an interview with The New York Times, Allakhrdov, a Ukrainian Christian who converted to Islam, said he had not had contact with Tsarnaev for several years and that he never encouraged him to take up violence.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE ISSUES? DO YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE BEING HANDLED CORRECTLY BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS?