Ad

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sabbath Day, December 30th, 2007

What a great country we live in, this great United States of America, that we have the freedom to practice our religion.

"Freedom of religion is a guarantee by a government for freedom of belief for individuals and freedom of worship for individuals and groups. It is generally recognized to also include the freedom not to follow any religion. Freedom of religion is considered by many in many nations and people to be a fundamental human right."
-The freedom of religion as stated by Wikipedia

As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Sunday is a day of rest from our weekly schedule of work. Today is a day that we reserve for worshipping our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I know that, no matter what I share, there will be critics of how I share it, or of the content. I've deleted a couple of comments on previous sabbath posts that were extremely negative. Some stated that I didn't share anything except that which the church wanted me to, or that these were not my own thoughts.

In these sabbath posts, I prayerfully place each piece of information into the post so that my readers can learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I may not be as mushy or tearful as I would at the pulpit if I were to be bearing my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, but that is because I am attempting to give points of interest...lessons on gospel, or points of doctrine for learning and I am attempting to keep my posts short and to the point.

I suppose that in this post I will give those critics a small taste of my testimony.

I have a testimony of the gospel. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know the Bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly . I know that the church was restored for us in these latter days and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I know that President Gordon B. Hinkley is a true prophet.

The depth of my testimony cannot be stated fully in a typed post. However, let me state that it took me until I had been through quite a spiritual search, (even though I was born "Mormon") and many years of church inactivity, to find my testimony. Today, I wouldn't deny what I believe for anything or for anyone. I couldn't have said that as I was growing up. Eventually, everyone needs to decide for themselves if they wish to live a life with purpose and what that purpose is. For me, I discovered that my life is full of purpose...actually, limitless purpose.

Forgiveness is a powerful thing. Additionally, the realization that everyone is human and is involved in the "human experience" here on earth. When I fully realized these two things, I more fully understood the gospel and have been able to ask for forgiveness, repent, be human, and understand that others will be human as well. These things, as well as many others have been very powerful for me.

Again, the depth of my testimony cannot be stated or appreciated in a typed post. However, let me conclude with the fact that I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, died for my sins. I know that I can return and live with my Father In Heaven again, with my family, for eternity. For this knowledge and so much more I am eternally grateful.

I am thankful for the opportunity to share my testimony with my readers. My hope is that you will learn and study the sabbath posts that I share and search for yourself if these things are true. I hope that you find that they are uplifting and heart warming for your soul.

Thank you for your readership! Have a wonderful Sunday evening!

No comments: